Divemaster by Action Divers
Ready for a challenge? Are you looking to join the leaders of the diving world? Then look no further! The Divemaster program is the first rung on the leadership ladder in Action's diver education programs. This rating denotes you as a person who:
- Has a high level of personal diving skill.
- Has instructor level knowledge of diving theory.
- Has had significant training in how to assist an instructor during training activities.
- Is able to assume appropriate responsibilities that benefit the welfare of other divers.
As you may know, many Divemasters go on to become Instructors. So, the training and experience you gain through Action's Divemaster program helps shape your abilities and attitude toward becoming a professional level diving educator. As a Divemaster, you'll be qualified to:
- Act as certified instructional assistant to Instructors.
- Supervise participants in experience programs for uncertified divers.
- Generally supervise both training and no training related diving activities by planning, organizing and directing dives.
- Teach and certify PADI Skin Divers
- Conduct the Scuba Review program for certified divers.
- Conduct the Skin Diving Skills segment of the Open Water Diver course, confined Water Dive four under the direction of a PADI Instructor.
- Enroll in PADI Instructor level training
Price: $800 (Option 2) - $1,100 (Option 1)
The Divemaster Option #1 course is a three to four week internship. The Divemaster Option #2 course requires 6 - 10 days of training.